Friday, October 9, 2015

TAG: The Harry Potter Book Tag

As a hardcore fan of Harry Potter, how could I pass up the chance to do this tag? I saw CityOfYABooks's Harry Potter Book Tag and it was so cool.

Here, then, are my answers for the Harry Potter Book Tag.

1. What is your favorite book?


My favorite has always been Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I liked the time travel aspect, though of course looking back on it I see holes I could drive a truck through.

I found it interesting because it dealt with some heavy issues, particularly for these kids. There's anger, revenge, forgiveness, and disillusionment. It is one heady ride that I am glad I get to take again and again.

2. What is your favorite movie?



As the movies continued I realized that there were more and more errors in the adaptation. I managed to live with that, especially currently as it has been so long since I've read the books and I can't quite remember some of the more minute details that might have been left out.

I liked Order of the Phoenix the best as far as movies go because it introduces us to some wonderful characters and gives us more information on some old favorites. We get to meet Luna Lovegood and Nymphadora Tonks, two of my favorite characters in the whole series. We learn more about Sirius and his family. There are flashes of memory regarding Snape, which also reveals some of the not so good behavior that James Potter exhibited as a teenager.

There's just so much to experience in this movie that I can't help but put it at the top of my list.

3. What is your least favorite book?


I don't know what it is about this book, but it was definitely my least favorite of the series. Granted, I've only read Deathly Hallows once, so that might edge Chamber of Secrets out eventually, but for now I choose this. It didn't seem to have any of the story perks I'd been enjoying in Sorcerer's Stone or in any of the future novels. In the first book we learn Harry's a wizard and it's all about his introduction into the wizarding world. Chamber of Secrets didn't have anything that really felt like a special, star of the show moment.

4. What part of the books/movies made you cry?


Without fail, everything I watch Deathly Hallow Part 2 I cry when there's the flashback to Snape's history, his love of Lily, and this scene especially when he finds Lily's body. I don't think I'll ever outgrow that moment.


The part that made me cry the most from the books were Sirius's death. Now it probably wasn't the death itself that got me because for the rest of the series I was praying that he wasn't dead. This all hinged on the fact that Bellatrix clearly didn't use a killing spell in Order of the Phoenix. When I found out at the end of Deathly Hallows that he wasn't coming back, that is the moment that I truly lost hope and cried for him.

5. If you could hook up with any character, which would it be?

This is a hard choice, so I think I'll pick one girl and one boy.


Luna would be, I think, an awesome person to hook up with. She isn't afraid to be who she is, regardless of what anyone else thinks. She's brave, she's brilliant, and she would be a lot of fun at a party as evidenced by her appearance at Slughorn's party in Half Blood Prince.


Neville Longbottom is totally the type of boy that I'd have dated in high school. He's nice, he's smart in his own subjects, but not obnoxiously so in everything. He's a bit of a dork, to be honest, but adorably so. He tried so hard to be a good date for Ginny at the Yule Ball, learning how to dance even though it was kind of embarrassing. It doesn't hurt that he turns out to be a total fox by the end of school.

6. What would your Patronus be?


Like my spirit animal Hermione Granger, my Patronus would be an otter.

7. If you could have the Invisibility Cloak, the Resurrection Stone, or the Elder Wand, which would you choose?


The Invisibility Cloak seems like a safe bet here. It was the only one that didn't directly lead to the death of any of its owners. It would be useful, too, if ever I needed to escape a dangerous situation, do any spying, etc.

8. What house do you belong in?


I've always considered myself a Ravenclaw because I thought that I had a lot of the traits that Rowena Ravenclaw praised. I took the official Pottermore quiz a few times and was very pleased when I found that it thought so as well.

9. Which member of the cast would you like to meet?


Maggie Smith would be my first choice, of course! She's my favorite teacher and I've seen her in a great number of other movies, all of which I'd love to talk to her about.

If she wasn't available, I'd also be pleased as punch to meet Emma Thompson.


10. Have you played any of the video games?


The only game I ever remember playing was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the original Playstation. I don't think I liked it much because I've never played any of the others.

11. What would your Quidditch position be?


I would try out for Seeker. I like those puzzles where you have to find a tiny item among a jumble of other things, so the Seeker spot would be perfect. Though, to be perfectly honest, I do have a bit of a problem with heights.

12. Were you happy with how the series ended?


There were several things that I was not happy about with the series. I understood that a certain number of deaths would be necessary to emphasize Harry growing up and leaving his childlike innocence behind, but did she really have to kill so many people?! I was heartbroken over several of them, especially since I considered them unexpected.

The ending was fairly wrapped up, though, so I can't fault Rowling for that. I'm glad she finished things somewhat neatly so I didn't go crazy asking myself questions that she might never answer.

13. What does Harry Potter mean to you?


I think that Harry Potter was the first fandom that I was ever truly a part of. It taught me what it meant to be a part of something, to have friends that understood what I was talking about, and who would be there to support me as I broke down over the trials and tribulations of fictional characters. Harry Potter is love, friendship, and most of all: hope.







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun to read!! I'm also a huge fan since I started reading the books when I was a child <3 I always wanted to be a Gryffindor when I was younger, but now I think I'm actually more of a Ravenclaw :P
    Great post!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. :)

      I've always believed I was a Ravenclaw, but I saw recently that there are quizzes to decide what two houses you'd be best in (i.e. Gryffinpuff, Slytherdor, etc.). Apparently I'd be a Slytherclaw in that instance. *lol*

      Delete