Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Debut Authors

I was introduced to the concept of Waiting on Wednesday by Talina over at Sassy & Dangerous. Basically, these are some titles that I am really looking forward to that have not been published yet. For my first Waiting on Wednesday, I am focusing on Debut Authors.


Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy

A socially awkward teenage genius needs to save the world? Color me intrigued at the very least! I wrote a letter to Katie all about why I was looking forward to this book and it just bears repeating! I can't believe it's going to be so long before this book is published. I can only pray that I pick up an ARC somewhere!


The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

Time Travel? Check. Messing with the past? Check. Set in Hawaii? Now that is something I can get behind. If it has time travel, I'll probably always check it out. However, this sounds downright cool, different, plus it's set somewhere that I rarely see in fiction.

Nix's dad can sail his ship anywhere in time and space, so long as he has a map. That alone sounds awesome. Now he's got a map to a time before his wife died in childbirth. You know something's going to go down because you just do not muck with fixed events like that! Stuff will change if you succeed! I need to know what the repercussions are going to be if he succeeds and what Nix is going to do about it.


Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace

What is Breezy? Is she a zombie? Why is she waking up in her grave a year after the funeral? There are so many questions I have about this book brought on by the synopsis! Thankfully this book comes out sooner rather than later (January '16).

1 comment:

  1. Learning To Swear in America is fantastic. I agree; can't figure why it's not out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete