Friday, October 2, 2015

TAG: A-Z Bookish Survey

I was watching Booktube videos as per usual the other day and stumbled across MissSassyKassie's A-Z Bookish Survey, originally Perpetual Page-turner's A to Z Survey and thought that it sounded very interesting. I found myself answering the questions along with her and thought that I would share them with you!

Author You've Read the Most Books From


Debbie Macomber. I really liked her Blossom Street series centering around a knitting
shop in Seattle (or somewhere near there). She also had the Cedar Cover series, which
had 12 or 13 books by the time it ended.

Best Sequel Ever


Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. I thought there was a lot of
growth in this book for certain characters and it had some story line developments
for the series as a whole that pleased me.

Currently Reading


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I wish I'd read more of the Grisha trilogy before starting
this, but it hasn't posed a problem yet.

Drink of Choice While Reading


I usually have a soda nearby while reading. Second choice would be a cup
of chai or Lady Grey tea.

E-reader or Physical Book


Physical book before anything else, though I do have a lot of books on my Kindle
and my Nook. It depends on how much the book costs and how soon I need
to read it.

Fictional Character You Probably Would've Actually Dated in High School


I like to think I'd have dated Ethan Wate from Beautiful Creatures. I wasn't much into
dating at the time, but he would have been my choice. He likes to read and is
active. I'm not a huge fan of sports, but basketball is fairly easy to follow, unlike
football.

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance


The Rook by Daniel O'Malley. I thought it was going to be stuffy when I heard about
it originally, like an Adult book trying too hard to be cool. It, however, turned out beautifully
and I can't recommend it enough myself now.

Hidden Gem Book


Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith. Anytime anyone talks about Betty Smith, the book
that they remember is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. That is a lovely book, but she wrote
three others that are beautiful in their own ways. Joy in the Morning is my favorite out
of the others.

Important Moment in Your Reading Life


Finding out about Booktubers was one of the most important things, besides
learning to read in and of itself. I don't even remember how I stumbled
upon them, but that has opened me up to a whole new world of reading.
I get a lot of recommendations from the friends I've made and it is
always a lot of fun watching the different videos: tags, reviews, etc.

Just Finished


I finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children while I was at his signing
event recently and I loved the old time photos mixed in with the prose.

Longest Book You've Read


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, clocking in at 870 pages.

Major Book Hangover Because of


The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson

Number of Bookcases You Own

Twenty (20). I have books to fill at least five more, but we ran out of wall space,
so they're piled up on a long folding table.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I re-read her books at least once every year.

Preferred Place to Read


Oh yeah. :D My first choice would've been in bed, but since we are currently short a bed
frame and the mattress is on the floor, I'll go with my second choice and say my couch.

Quote that inspires you/Gives you all the feels from a book you've read


This quote to me symbolizes everything we love and know to be true about reading.
We go on adventures, we love, hate, and sympathize deeply, all while staring at a page
and living within our heads.

Reading Regret


I regret not reading this series when it first came out. I bought the books once
they'd come out in paperback, but I still haven't read them. There seems to be
a lot of love for these novels and  the characters within. I wish I could have shared
it right along with them when the stories were new and nobody knew what happened next.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (All Books in the Series Are Out)


The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I really need to catch up 
on the world of the Shadowhunters, hopefully before the new series' start.

Three of Your All Time Favorite Books

















Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Unapologetic Fangirl For


The Twilight Series. I can admit there are some things in it that I might not like
now, but I do still really like and enjoy the series.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All the Others


Truthwitch bySusan Dennard (go Waterwitches!)

Worst Bookish Habit(s)

Sometimes I dogear pages, but ONLY in paperback books that I own.
 I've also used a book as a coaster in the past...more than once.


X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book.


The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Your Latest Book Purchase
















Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi and To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
(Funny story: went to Ransom Riggs's release party of Library of Souls and these two
showed up! Lucky it was at a Barnes & Noble so I could run over to the shelf and buy 
copies for signing!)

ZZZ-snatcher Book: The Last Book That Kept You Up Way Too Late


A Curious Tale of the In-between by Lauren DeStefano
(When is the sequel coming out?!?!)





All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment