Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Characters You'd Want As Family


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Thoughts on Tomes. Check out the Goodreads group here.


It would be more than easy to fill this list with Weasleys because even with all their problems, they really managed to be there for one another and work things out (eventually).

There will definitely be Harry Potter characters on this list but I'm going to do my best to broaden my answers for some of the spots.

5. Mortimer "Mo" Folchart as a Father


This man is quite possibly the ultimate father figure. He has a very kind personality and would do anything for his daughter. He's one of the biggest bookworms in the book world. Not only does he have a collection that might rival the Beast's someday, but he can fix almost anything that could ever happen to them. I think that kindness is essential in a parent and having the open mind of bookworm lends a person that something extra that makes a great parental unit.

4. Professor Digory Kirke as a Grandfather


Professor Kirke has the ultimate grandfather persona. He's a kindly old man who believes the stories the children in his care tell him and doesn't mock them. His house is full of history and I bet he'd share those stories if you asked. There's plenty to explore, so visits to grandfather's house would never be boring. He's a sweet old man that would be my ideal grandpa.

3. Lupin as an Uncle


It's weird thinking about Lupin as a wise old uncle type character considering that, reading the books now he's my age, but that's how his character comes across. He has a wisdom that belongs to a man twice his age, he's kind to kids that are afraid, and he'll do whatever he can to protect those he loves, even if it puts him in pain.

2. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle as a Grandmother


She could either be my grandmother or my mother and thus the grandmother to my children, but either way she would be a great one. She's a lot of fun and she knows a lot more than me about raising children and ways around their bad behavior. She's be a great source for maternal knowledge one way or the other.

1. Tonks as a Sister


I feel like Tonks would be an amazing big sister. Sure she's got a lackadaisical personality at times, but she really can step up when the situation calls for it. She'd probably help me dye my hair and she wouldn't let me hide in my room worrying over something. I can see her helping me out, either by sitting with me and working it out or dealing out a well deserved punch if needs be. ;)







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment