Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Favorite TV Shows of All Time


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme that is brought to us by The Broke & the Bookish. Check out the topic list here.

In honor of the fall television season starting up, this week's topic has to do with television. I decided to go with my top ten television shows of all time. This was a bit hard as there are so many choices and when it gets down to it, there were so many that were a part of my childhood that I loved and now I have to cut them down.

10. Space Cases


This was probably one of my first exposures to science fiction and as I remember, it was a lot of fun. There were super powers, there was inter-dimensional travel, etc. It was a factor in the beginning of a lifelong love of the unusual.

9. The Secret World of Alex Mack


This was another show about super powers that I loved.  I remember pretending to be able to float things across the room and melt into a puddle. Obviously it never worked, but it certainly was fun imagining.

8. Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?


My mom, my sister, and I had a lot of fun watching this show together and trying to figure out the answer before the end of the game. There was even a computer game that I played quite a lot related to the show. I wish they'd bring this game back, it was a lot of fun and you learned a lot about the world while watching/playing it.

7. Criminal Minds


Mysteries are addicting and crime shows don't deliver anything short of mysteries. Every season gets weirder and weirder, which can be both great and frustrating sometimes. What I like about Criminal Minds, aside from the innovative story lines, is the varied cast. My personal favorites are Garcia and Reid.

6. Cutthroat Kitchen


Alton Brown is funny and sinister and brings all sorts of elements of craziness to this show. It's a cooking show meets game show meets insane asylum. Alton never fails to amaze me with the ingenuity of his sabotages.

5. Sherlock


The downside to this series is that there are only three episodes per season. The upside is pretty much everything else. There are the classic stories brought to new life by actors that have proven themselves time and time again. This show inspired me to go back and read all the Sherlock stories, which I'm working my way through as we speak.

4. Golden Girls


This showed aired during my infancy so some of the jokes are a bit dated, but these girls never fail to illicit a laugh from me. Bea Arthur played one of the first bookworms I ever learned to love that wasn't a contemporary and Estelle Getty played her mother who proved that being short of stature was no reason to let anyone sass you without sassing right back.

3. Supernatural


I started this series late, but grew to love it. The monster of the week scheme of the early seasons was interesting as it gave me the chance to learn about a lot of different creepy crawlies as well as see various takes on ones I knew like vampires and werewolves. 

2. Doctor Who


This show has everything and has been with me for every part of my life. I remember visiting England in 2005 and seeing the merchandise when New Who was just starting. Christopher Eccelston (9) was my first Doctor and ever since I've turned to the Doctor when I was sad, when I was happy. Whenever I needed something, all I needed to do was look for the right Doctor Who episode and there it was.

1. Gilmore Girls

This is one of the few shows that I can watch over and over again without getting bored. There are very few spots of this show that I skip over though I have seen it multiple times. It's good to watch, it's good for background music, it's basically the television version of a comfort food.







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment