Friday, December 2, 2016

Dumbledore's Army Readathon


Aentee is at it again with another tremendous readathon. If you don't remember, earlier this year she hosted the #ReadThemAllThon. It was so much fun and with the addition of a point system relating to Pokemon evolution, I had a grand time. Harry Potter, though, is the number one fandom that I'm a part of, so when I got the email that Aentee had created the #DAReadThon, there was no question of participating.

It runs midnight to midnight, 1st January to 15th January, so it does cross over with the Winter Biannual Bibliothon a bit, but I don't care, it's HARRY POTTER!!

What would a challenge be without prompts? These are inspired by the spells that Dumbledore's Army practiced and are hopefully promoting diverse titles.




I haven't read an Ellen Hopkins book in a long time, but I know she handles a lot of tough subjects and  this one feels like the right one for this prompt. It deals with suicide attempts and depression, both of which have affected me personally. I live with depression every day and that neurological oddity has often put me at odds with the rest of my life. Reading has been one of the few things that has acted a Patronus for me.




I got this book awhile ago and have been waiting for the perfect time to read it. I've wanted to read more books about transgender characters, so if anyone has any suggestions for more, please let me know!




My library just got this in and someone on Twitter recommended it. I don't think I've read a de la Cruz book, so it'll be my first. I hope I like her writing, as this story sounds fascinating.




This title has been on my TBR for over a year, so it certainly qualifies. I am so sorry, lovely book, for neglecting you! 




I read the first chapter or two of this when I first got it and can't for the life of me remember why I put it down. I remember it being really interesting and the rest of the Internet certainly seems to think so, so check this off as my Stupefy selection (especially before the sequel comes out!).




Thanks to @_diversereads for the fabulous recommendation. You're always good for them. I think this is the one I'm most looking forward to come January.












No comments:

Post a Comment