Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme that is brought to us by The Broke & the Bookish. Check out the topic list here.

2016 has been a rough year, what with all of the tragic events that have happened (deaths, political events, etc.) and when things get tough, instead of reading something new I tend to turn to old friends in books. Rereading is something that has gotten me through a lot of hard times, especially Harry Potter.

This week, however, is time to take a look back at the authors that I read for the first time this year. While there are more to the list than these ten, these are the ten authors new to me this year that I am actively looking forward to reading more from, hopefully in 2017.





The Lie Tree (5 Stars)



Girl in Pieces (5 Stars)





5. Sam Maggs

Wonder Women (4 Stars)



Blackbird Fly (4 Stars)






Nora & Kettle (4 Stars)


9. Joshua Khan

Shadow Magic (4 Stars)











All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these! (More Happy Than Not is on my TBR though) And I kind of love to see praise for authors I have never tried so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. :) I like topics like this because a lot of the top news goes to bigger authors, which may be all well and good, but it's nice to get the word out about the other end of the scale as well. Hopefully more people will have these books on their TBR now.

      Let me know what you think of More Happy Than Not. That was one of my favorites this year.

      Delete