Thursday, July 21, 2016

Harry Potter Thursday: You can have lunch with 2 characters from the series, Who are they and why?


Harry Potter Thursday is a weekly meme created by Uncorked Thoughts.

I love this week's topic. It's a take on that traditional topic of what historical figure would you have lunch with. Who hasn't thought of what fictional character they'd like to meet, much less spend a meal getting to know?

I think this one is a little more complicated because, as I sit here thinking about who I would pick, I wonder how they would get along during the meal. Would they act civilly? Would a wizard's duel break out over tea and dessert? 

There are just so many to choose from, I'm going to have to go with the first two characters that come to mind.



Luna has been one of my favorite characters since her first appearance in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. She was a free spirit that was someone I wanted to be. She didn't care for one moment what others thought of her, thought of the things she was interested in or talked about. That takes a kind of strength that is unheard of to me and I admire her for being able to be who she was without compromise.

I'd want to have lunch with her because I think we'd have a lot to talk about. Not only would I have a lot of questions for her, but I bet if the conversation ever lagged, she'd be able to pick it up and tell me all about different magical creatures.



Neville Longbottom is another character whose strength is very admirable. He changes so much from the first book to the end of the series. Think about it: he starts out as a bit of a meek person and, over the course of time and through many trials, becomes someone capable of killing a Horcrux. He never loses his gentle nature, though, even though there are many that bully him over the years from fellow students to teachers.

I'd like to have lunch with him because I relate to him a lot. I get what it must have been like to go through school and deal with people trying to take you down every day. I think I'd like to ask him about that, to start with, ask him how he got beyond it and grew into the man he is today.













All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment