Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Publishers


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Thoughts on Tomes. Check out the Goodreads group here.

I never really thought about my favorite publishers when it comes to traditionally published books. I do have favorite manga publishers and I noticed for the longest time that more and more of my best titles came from one or two. This week's topic gave me the chance to really think about it and take notice of where my favorite books come from.

I won't be putting them in any particular ranking among themselves, but suffice it to say that they have each released titles that are near and dear to my heart and I'll be sharing those titles with you below the publishing house it came from.

Also, as I noticed when I began researching where my favorite books came from, there's a bit of a maze between parent publishing companies and imprints within the companies (i.e. Little, Brown has smaller imprints beneath it i.e. Hachette). I will most likely be going by the publishing company that is printed on the spine of the book on my shelf, but if I catch an imprint, I'll mention it as well.


Scholastic Press



Little, Brown



Tor Teen



Disney Hyperion



Bloomsbury Publishing

Publishers of: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige, Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment