Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Things About Booktubing/Blogging

It's time for another fabulous Wednesday with a Top 5 post! These themes were created by gingerreadslainey. You can view the group over on Goodreads, or you can visit her channel over on Youtube

Below are my choices for this Wednesday. It was a little harder than usual because there are so many things to choose from and I found it difficult both to choose five and how to express my feelings about them coherently. I think I've done a good job; please let me know what you think in the comments and maybe even tell me one of your favorite things about Booktubing or blogging.

5. Recommendations

This is how I find most of the new books that I will read. It is awesome to see everyone speaking so enthusiastically about the book they've read, whether it was a good book or a bad book. It's also a great way to get to know different Booktubers. You find what they like, get a feel for it, and then you might even be able to recommend something back.

4. Readathons

The encouragement that I see and experience during a readathon is epic. So many people coming together to read as much as possible in a preset amount of time is so much fun! Sometimes I get a little down when I can't read as much as someone else, but that gives me a goal for next time. I've got room to improve, if I choose to look at it that way, and even if I don't, it isn't a big deal.

3. #RQWN

I love being on Twitter and playing Random Question With Nori. There are dozens of other people, if not hundreds, that join in. Talking about books, about our interests, if a lot of fun and usually blows up my Twitter feed for an hour or two.

2. Tag videos

If I'm ever having a bad day, I know that watching a tag video will help, at least a little bit. They are like playing board games with your friends, except it's more singular during these videos. It also introduces me to new stories because of the types of questions usually asked. I can find new genres through these videos, books I never would have thought to try before.

1. Making new friends

It is extremely difficult for me to talk to or interact with people in the real world, mostly because I do not live in an area where there are others that share my interests. By seeing these videos and interacting with Booktubers, by writing my own blog posts, I can find others that like the things I like, people that want to talk about what I want to talk about. The community is very supportive and tops the list of things I like about Booktubing/blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment