Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday: Top Ten OTPs

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme that is brought to us by The Broke & the Bookish. Check out the topic list here.

Freebie weeks are both really exciting and really stressful! There are so many options and you have to narrow it down unless you want a blog post the size of a dissertation.

I decided for my Valentine's themed Top 10 Tuesday to do my Top 10 OTPs (one true pairing). Some of them will be established couples that do end up together, some of them might not be confirmed yet, and some of them might be completing non-canon but I wish they were!

Counting down, here are my top 10 true pairings.

10. Belle and the Beast, Disney's Beauty and the Beast




I love any re-tellings of Beauty and the Beast, but the Disney version was my first and I will always treasure it the most. I love them because not only do they find love, but they learn to overcome prejudices that they each have (and I do believe Belle had issues with the Beast's appearance at first) and  find happiness.

9. Celaena Sardothien and Dorian Havillard, Throne of Glass series


I have finished Throne of Glass and started Crown of Midnight. So far, these two are my favorite. I think they've both got the attitude to deal with the other and in Throne of Glass I sense a real tenderness between them that could be such a great love if only they would get over themselves!

8. Yuko Ichihara and Clow Reed, xxxHolic



It's been awhile since I've read the whole of xxxHolic, but I do remember that a large portion of it is thanks to what Clow was willing to do for the woman he loved. Yuko is such a mix of emotions, but remains incredibly strong throughout, even knowing all the bad things that she does. They are tragic in my eyes and truly need a happy story somewhere, even if it's a flashback or something.

7. Cath and Levi, Fangirl



These two are such dorks and so adorable together, I can't help but love them. Sure they've got their issues, but the way they mesh together (slowly, over the year) makes me happy in a gently smiling kind of way. Their's is a sweet romance rather than a crazy kind of love story.

6. Harry Dresden and Susan Rodriguez, The Dresden Files



I wish this show had been longer and had shown this relationship. It isn't as much a main part of the series as you might be imagining, but it has huge implications on Harry's life. So, so sad, this pair, but so good when together.

5. Sophie Hatter and Howl the Wizard, Howl's Moving Castle



I prefer this pairing from the movie (not as big a fan of the book). Their character growth is so much bigger in the movie. Howl becomes a responsible wizard and stops running from things. Sophie goes from what she believes to be an unattractive girl to a wise young woman that has learned where her strength comes from and what true love is.

4. The Doctor and River Song, Doctor Who



All of space and time and these two found each other. I love River more than anything and she loves the Doctor enough to rip apart space and time.

I thought that the first time we saw them together, when it was River and 10, that that episode was the saddest part of their relationship, that they couldn't make me love them or cry for them any harder.

Well hello there Christmas Special 2015, thanks for proving me wrong!

3. Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter series


This was something from the movie's that I really liked getting into my head. As far as I can remember, nothing every existed between Luna and Neville except friendship and membership in the new Order of the Phoenix. However, I think they would've been really great together. An expert in herbology and an expert in magical creatures (lots of experience at the Quibbler to thank)? They've would've been the cutest power couple in the Wizarding World!

2. Hermione Granger and Viktor Krum, Harry Potter series


Ron was a good best friend for Harry and he did a lot throughout the series, but I never for one minute believed that he was good enough for Hermione. I never felt any chemistry between them. Hermione and Viktor, on the other hand, seemed like they could be a very good couple if they'd given it a go. 

Would it have been hard given that they live in separate countries? Sure, I'll give you that, but they're wizards, for crying out loud. That makes things far easier than it would if they were both Muggles.

1. Alana and Marko, Saga



Alana and Marko are one of the strongest pairings I can think of. It starts out with them falling in love despite the hatred and differences that exist between their planets/species. They manage to move past the hate, fall in love, and start a family.

This is not always a happy pair, though. There's a lot of trauma, a lot of fighting, and a few times where you're not so sure that things are going to end well for them. This series isn't over yet, either, so there's time for things to go badly wrong. I'm holding out hope, though.











All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment