Friday, October 7, 2016

TAG: The Netflix and Books Tag

Wandering around the Internet one Sunday night I found this tag had been done by Kendra at Reads and Treats. I was binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix at the time, so I thought why not finally do this tag?

It was originally conceived by Christy at Novel Ink and Lauren at Bookmark Lit.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Unlikable Characters


This book had such a unlikable main character that I couldn't even finish it. She was foolish and careless and didn't have any respect for the people closest to her that were trying to protect her from making the same mistake twice.  There was a lot of eye rolling and hair tugging on my part.

Vampire Diaries: Your Ship Sank or Didn't Happen


Celaena Sardothien and Dorian Havilliard. There were a couple of choices for Celaena in this book and Dorian felt like the right one, but she rejected him because she wants to protect him from the king, which I get but it still stinks. This is only the first book in the series and there are at least five more books to go, so there's always the chance that things will work out, but for now that ship has a smoldering fire aboard and is slowly sinking into the dark, dark ocean.

Friends: Best Cast of Characters/Friendships


It all starts in The Shop on Blossom Street when the main cast of characters meet and start to become the best of friends. It's really the foundation of the whole series. You learn their backstories, their weaknesses early on, and then as more books come out you realize that while more characters might be introduced, they're there to become a part of this circle of friends rather than to separate them.

Gossip Girl: Hate That You Love or Guilty Pleasure


This series is definitely a guilty pleasure. I hadn't really thought of it that way until I thought about the fact that I find myself defending my reading of it when the subject comes up. It may not be my favorite series ever, but I do like it and I think I might even reread it soon.

Doctor Who: Long Series You Loved


This series is so long that I still haven't finished it. It has twenty-nine published volumes and a thirtieth that was meant to come out in 2008 but was postponed and then put on hold indefinitely after the author's death in 2011.

It's a mystery series about a journalist who solves crimes with a little help from a pair of Siamese cats, Koko and YumYum.

Grey’s Anatomy: All the Feels



The Raven Boys has a couple of those moments where no matter how bad you think you know the next page might be, your heart really isn't ready for it. You read it, expecting tears, but then they don't come, just the soul aching wrench as one or more of your favorite characters gets into a fix or a plot twist is revealed.

How I Met Your Mother: Bad Ending


I'm still sore about this book. Nothing freaking happened in the end. I mean, literally. Nothing of any importance, nothing that was alluded to either in the description or  throughout the narrative, FREAKING happened. It was like the plot got cut off with a hideous pair of shears and someone typed up a hurried conclusion.

Supernatural: Favorite Paranormal/Fantasy


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was one of the earliest stories I ever remember hearing. It left such a profound impact on me that for years I would check closets, just in case, since I don't think I've ever been in a house with a proper wardrobe. To this day it makes me more than a little sad that I haven't found a doorway like Lucy did, leading to a land of adventure, even if that adventure did start out a bit dark at first.

Freaks & Geeks: Left You Wanting More


The story takes place over a couple of hours and I was left with a few questions or at least a few curiosities. I mean, the main character is in kind of a shitty situation with a girlfriend he's not really in love with pregnant with his kid; he's half in love with a soon to be former co-worker. I wish I could've found out for sure what happened to everyone after their last night.

The OC: Series That Should've Ended Earlier


I liked The Selection and gave it four stars, but The Elite was barely a three star read for me. I have a feeling that that book was completely unnecessary and this series is going on for much longer than it needs to. Why not just combine The Elite and The One? That would've made things much better, though I suppose it wouldn't have made quite as much money.

Girl Meets World: Should Have a Spin-off


I could really go for a spin-off book for this one, something about the origins of the Hempstock family. I know there are a few clues and whatnot in this book, but I want something more indepth that really gets into the hinted at mythos behind Lettie and her mother and grandmother.

That 70’s Show: Set in a Different Time Period


This was one of my favorite series when I was a teenager. It's about a sixteen year old girl, Annie, who idealizes what life was like in the 1800s. She finds out, one day, exactly what it's like when she accidentally slips through time and ends up in her hometown, only it isn't 1995 anymore: it's 1895. She copes decently well with this, considering her study of etiquette and fascination with how things were done, but there's still a lot of danger for a girl who is out of her own time. Both Sides of Time is the first book of in a series of four.

Orange is the New Black: Couldn’t Stop Reading


This had a lot of weirdness going on that brought up a lot of questions that I needed answered before I could put it down. I think I only did so a handful of times because the story just begs for you to finish it as soon as possible. There's a dakr and sinister edge to the quest of the main character that will leave you with an uneasy feeling until you know what fate awaits her.

Parks and Recreation: Made You Laugh Out Loud


Jim Butcher certainly has a way with words and Harry Dresden is the perfect mouth piece for his wit. This is the beginning of the Dresden Files and I often find myself quoting the book aloud, laughing as I do so, to my husband and refusing to share the book until I'm done.

One Tree Hill: Favorite Book Boyfriend


This one feels like a bit of an old fashioned choice, but Carl Brown from Joy in the Morning is an amazing man. He's dedicated to his profession, but would do anything for his girlfriend then wife Annie. He supports her in her dreams, even if they're not necessarily the norm for women of the day. Plus, he works himself to the bone to support his family, even when giving up would be so much easier. He's a good man, that Carl Brown.

Breaking Bad: Favorite Villain


I spent the second half of the book, after the big revelation that the Darkling was actually a bad guy, hoping and praying that he wasn't actually and that something would turn out to be a lie. Since that didn't happen, though, I'm now content to read the rest of the series with him as my favorite villain. He's charming and intelligent, like a Russian version of Loki of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Modern Family: Best Family or Parents


The Weasleys are the ultimate family. I have never read of a family that was more welcoming and accepting of someone that wasn't related to them. Molly Weasley does her best for her children and will help any of her children's friends out, no questions asked, just because they are important to her kids. That kind of acceptance is beautiful.







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment