Friday, December 18, 2015

TAG: Truthwitch Tag

I cannot wait for Truthwitch to come out. Susan Dennard has written another great book and, while I've read the preview on NetGalley, I need to know what happens next!

In honor of this book, an original Truthwitch Book Tag was created by Danielle at Simply Thoughtful Books. She tagged any Witchlander (re: fan) of the book. From what I can tell so far, I'm a Waterwitch from Nubrevna, though I'm most like Iseult the Threadwitch. You can take the quizes to find out your place/person here.

Here, then, is my take on the Truthwitch Tag.

Ohrin Mountains
What is your favorite fictional land?


When I was a kid, I always checked closets because I thought that I might someday be able to find my way to Narnia. Sadly, I have yet to find the doorway, but I'll never give up hope.

Safia and Iseult's Friendship
Who is your favorite dynamic duo?


Inigo Montoya and Fezzik are two of my favorite characters. They work together well and are hysterical. The portrayal of this pair in the movie by Mandy Patinkin and Andre the Giant was another highlight, especially when they played the rhyme game.

Merik
Which fictional character is the ultimate hunk?


Levi is a very handsome type that has some of the best qualities I look for. He's not overly brawny, he's a total brain, and he's a gentle soul.

Kullen
Who is your favorite sidekick?


This is Sumomo! She's a portable persocom from the series Chobits. Whether it's the anime or the manga, this little character would be the model I'd choose. She has a lot of functions, but the funniest is her "wakey wakey exercises" to get you up in the morning.


Aeduan
Who is your favorite villain/mysterious character?


Tsukiko the Contortionist from The Night Circus was not a villain, but she was definitely a mysterious character. I didn't know what to think of her for a long time, but when her big reveal came, I was jumping up and down in surprise.

Aether
A book you can't stop thinking about


There are so many to choose from and I wasn't sure whether I should go with something I've read and that I return to over and over again, or something that I'm really looking forward. I went with the latter. I'm looking forward to reading Winter, but I haven't read the previous books yet so all the amazing things I'm hearing about this book will have to wait. Why isn't there more time in the day to read?!

Air
Name a book with low expectations, but blew you away.


I got this book as an ARC via NetGalley. I had thought that the premise sounded interesting, but when I started reading it I was less than sure. Once I got to reading, though, it really changed my opinion and held it in good standing through the ending. There was a haunted feeling to the story: sadness, despair, and a twist that I honestly didn't see coming. I knew there was something, but the reality hit me like a slap to the face.

Earth
What is a book you always go back to?



I didn't like this book when I first read it, probably because it was a part of a summer reading assignment and I had to read it the same summer that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was released. Now, however, I love it. I count it among my favorite books.

Fire
Name a book with hype that spread quickly.



I love the look of this book and I love Leigh Bardugo's writing. The hype that surrounded/surrounds this book has been immense and I can't wait to get to it. I started the first chapter or so and it was such a tantalizing taste that I look forward to the time when I can get back to it.

Void
Recommend a scary/mysterious read.



This is a mysterious read. You're never quite sure what's going on, but that doesn't matter because it is an enthralling story and you can't wait to continue down the rabbit hole.

Water
Name a book that flowed nicely.


Rick Riordan's writing is very good. It flows quickly no matter what. I was particularly please with The Lightning Thief. I didn't want to put it down and I had to pick up the next book in the series right away.

Threadbrothers/sisters
Tag someone!

Aria, I tag you! I think you'd really like this tag and maybe it'll bring you into the Witchlands with the rest of us. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment