Thursday, January 14, 2016

Biannual Bibliothon Wrap-up

This was my first readathon of the year. It did not go as well as I had planned, but it takes awhile to get into the swing of things, so that's okay.

What I did manage to read was pretty fantastic, so I'll count this one as a win, even if I didn't meet all of the challenges.

The Challenges

1. Read the Group Book
2. Read a book that has been sitting on your shelf for over a year
3. Read a book over 300 pages
4. Read a book from your favorite genre
5. Re-read your favorite book in a series
6. Judge a book by it's cover: read a book that you haven't read the synopsis of or with a synopsis you can't remember
7. Read a book that has been recommended to you more than once

I managed to read three of the seven books I intended to read: Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughn (#4), Binge by Tyler Oakley (#6), and Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (#7).

Three books is actually pretty good. Saga was amazing, as per usual, though the clffhanger is killer and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of volume 6.

Binge had some pretty dull essays at the beginning, but I am glad that I read past them because there were some much better ones in the later half of the book.

Red Queen was very enjoyable. I did have a couple of problems with some of the characters, namely the MC Mare, and her behavior changing drastically in such short periods of time. The twists at the end, though, had me very happy that I'd pre-ordered Glass Sword.

At the time of writing this post I'm almost done with my next readathon and it isn't going nearly so well as the Biannual Bibliothon did. I better get back to reading. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment