Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday: Top Ten Resolutions For 2016

I don't usually make resolutions because I'm terrible at keeping them. When I saw that The Broke and the Bookish had selected resolutions as their top ten idea for the first Tuesday of 2016 I was hesitant, but I figured that if it's book related, I'd probably have a better chance at completing them.

There's no particular order, but I would like to see these things accomplished in the coming year:

1. Read A Game of Thrones


I've watched the first two seasons of this show and I've heard everyone talking about it for years, so I think it's time that I at least try to get through the first book.

2. Read more classics


I know the stories because of the movies I've seen or the Disney cartoons I've watched as a kid, but I've never read the original books for a lot of works. 

3. Attend more author events


I attended my first real author event last September and I want to go to many more this year, the first of which will be the Susan Dennard and Alexandra Bracken launch event next Monday.

4. Volunteer at the library


I got the training to volunteer at my library last year, but I never seemed to have the time to actually volunteer. I hope to fix that this year.

5. Stick to my Goodreads goal (250 books)


It's a little on the big side this year, but I want to hit my goal and be fine with it. I won't worry about not making it or, if I do make it, worrying about making it higher and higher until I end up not really making it by 2017.

6. Participate in more challenges



I tend to forget about challenges or only find out about them at the last minute. This year I have an entry on this blog that will help me keep track of all the challenges I plan to take part in and when they're happening so I won't miss them.

7. Read more of my current books

They might not be on my active tbr, but I want to read more of the books I already own. I'm not going to stop buying books or anything, just maybe remember that I have a ton of good books at home already that I want to read.

8. Read more of my NetGalley books



My rating ratio is something like 67% at the moment and I want to get all those books done, or at least get my ratio to 85% or more.

9. Comment on other blogs more

I want to take advantage of all the blogging friends I've made in the past year and comment more on their blogs.

10. Keep up on my own blog

Sometimes I lapse in my own posting and I want to be better about that. No skipping posts if at all possible. Definitely try to think of new things to add to the blog. Maybe giveaways, buddy reads, who knows?

1 comment:

  1. GAME OF THRONES! Yes. You will love it. I stake my nerdiness on it.

    ReplyDelete