Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Hunger Games Moments (Movies or Books)

To celebrate the release of the final film in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay - Part 2, this Top 5 Wednesday is dedicated to our favorite moments from the series.

My dilemma with this week's topic is that I have only seen and read the first movie and book. My moments, therefore, will be from that portion of the story.


The muttations were a wasted opportunity in the movie. I prefer them from the books. They were a great freaky creature made all the more disturbing in the books by the fact that, when Katniss looked into their eyes, she could see the eyes of the dead tributes. It was such a heartbreaking realization for her and illustrated another depraved aspect of the Game Makers.


As terrible as we know the Capital is, the journey to it, and thus the Games, was an interesting time. Reading the books it was amazing to see Katniss experiencing these luxuries for the first time. It felt like she enjoyed them, but it was also a painful experience, knowing what she had left behind at home and what she was moving swiftly towards.

The food sounded so delicious as well.  I don't blame her for eating as much as possible while she was still able.


This part was terrible to read about. You could feel the dread and the fear coming for you off the page/screen. I don't know many sixteen year olds that would put themselves in a situation like this, what Katniss is doing for Prim, and her nobility, the love she has for her sister, makes this scene especially heartbreaking.


This scene from the end of the first movie was intense. I saw the movie before I read the book, so I didn't know what was going to happen. For a moment there it was possible to believe that they would both die rather than one of them having to face the Capital as the winner.


My favorite part: that dress! I was so happy with the way they did this. In the book it's a beautiful dress, but the fire comes from the light that bounces off the sequins. In the movie, it ACTUALLY spouts fire when Katniss spins in a circle. That was a great touch to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment