Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Thanksgiving Themed Freebie

It is hard in the day to day life to remember to be thankful, or to feel like you have anything to be thankful for. I'm going to try and think about these things this week as I'm working. You see, I work retail and starting this week through the end of December is kind of a hellish time period. People are beating each other up for deals on televisions and are often forgetting that we, the cashiers, the workers out on the floor, are human beings that just want to get out of this place in one piece.

Well, enough with that. Onto the Top Ten Tuesday list - this time, with a Thanksgiving/thankful theme!

1. Literary family I'd most like to spend Thanksgiving with


Who wouldn't want to spend a holiday with the Weasleys? It might be a bit odd as they haven't got Thanksgiving in England, or at least not at the same time as ours. The food would be amazing, the company fun, and I seriously doubt I'd ever want to leave.

2. Booktuber I'm most thankful to be friends with


Aria Mia has become one of my best friends ever through Booktube. We can talk about anything and share a lot of the same interests. I'm so glad, every day, to have met her and to have her as a friend.

3. A book I'm thankful for


I'm thankful for The Young Elites because it has a fantastic perspective. It is one of the books that made me start questioning what made a villain and what made a hero.

4. The series I'm most thankful for


Harry Potter has given me more than I could have ever expected from a book over the years. I wish that I could read the series again with fresh eyes, seeing all of my favorite characters and scenes for the first time.

5. Author I'm thankful to have discovered


Not only is Sabaa Tahir an amazing author, but she's incredibly kind to her fans. I once had a question about how to pronounce a characters name and she tweeted me the answer! It might not seem like a big thing, but it meant a lot to me.

6. A series I'm thankful to have finally started


This series got talked about so much on social media that I had to buy the first book. After that it rested on my TBR shelf (ha ha, shelf) for ages before I finally settled down to read it. I am so happy that I did because now I can see what people meant about how great it is. I recently bought the rest of the series and I'm now working up the "courage" to read the rest (it wouldn't do to read them all and agonize over the wait for book 5!).

7. A Booktuber I'm happy to have discovered


Samantha from NovelsandNonsense is one of my favorite Booktubers. She has such a good perspective on a wide variety of genres and I feel like I get a lot of literary exposure through her that I wouldn't get otherwise. Her videos are always wonderful and I love seeing her dogs from time to time.

8. Another series I'm thankful to have started


This is another series I'm thankful to have started. It's another one that was really hyped up on social media, and it's another one that is challenging my perspective on villains. The Darkling appeared to be such a great and misunderstood character in the first book, but now I'm not so sure. I have to finish the second and third book before I have a final decision.

9. A fictional family I'm thankful for AND I'd want to spend Thanksgiving with


Reading about what Marko and Alana will go through for the sake of family really hits home. A Thanksgiving feast with them would be amazing, memorable, and probably at least a little dangerous.

10. The book I'm most thankful someone recommended to me


I wasn't sure I was going to like this book at first when Aria Mia recommended it to me. I forget what it was, exactly, but it didn't sound like it would pan out all that well.

I. Was. Shocked.

It has turned into one of my favorite books and I am anxiously anticipating the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment