Thursday, March 3, 2016

Harry Potter Thursday: Favorite Quote from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter Thursday is a weekly meme created by Uncorked Thoughts.

I'll be up front: Chamber of Secrets has never been my favorite book or movie. In fact, if I had to put them in order, I'd say that both are my least favorite of the series.

However, upon a reread last year, I discovered that the book at least is not as bad as I remembered it. Now, this week's Harry Potter question did not specify whether it pertained to the book or the movie. It probably meant the book; after all, this is a book blog. I thought I might try to answer it from both sides.

Favorite Movie Quote


My favorite quote(s) from the movie are from Molly Weasley in this scene. She's so many emotions all at once: upset, afraid, angry, but nothing more than loving, even for the boy she's only met once or twice before.

Molly Weasley has always been one of my favorite characters in this series. She's got so much love that it extends to her children's friends. She doesn't hesitate to make Harry a part of the family and that is only demonstrated more as the series goes on.

I also like how this is the first time we get a glimpse of the Burrow. If I were going to choose a magical dwelling to live in, I think it would be the topsy-turvy insanity that is the Burrow.

Favorite Book Quote


I did not think that it was so difficult to choose one for my favorite book quote. I went on Goodreads to check what some were, as I couldn't remember them, and oh my were there so, so many to choose from.

In the end, I chose to go with this one from Dumbledore. To me, it speaks of hope and faith and endurance. There could be so many meanings to this quote, it all depends on the purpose. 

It also repeats itself within the books. In Order of the Phoenix, when the students need a safe place for Dumbledore's Army, they don't even need to ask aloud for Hogwarts itself to respond with assistance in the form of the Room of Requirement. In Deathly Hallows, Neville is able to get the Sword of Gryffindor because he needs something to save his friends.

2nd Favorite Book Quote


I couldn't let this post go by without posting the quote that is most relevant to us as bookworms.







All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment