Thursday, March 17, 2016

Harry Potter Thursday: Who would be your best friend at Hogwarts?



Harry Potter Thursday is a weekly meme created by Uncorked Thoughts.

I was a rather quiet kid in school. I still am an introvert. It is not easy for me to make friends. When I was thinking about this week's topic, I had to consider the different characters carefully, particularly their personalities.

Harry Potter: I might be interested in him, I might wonder what craziness he's up to on a given day, but I don't think I'd be good friends with him. He's a popular kid and I found that kind of attention kind of baffling.

Hermione Granger: there's a good chance I'd become friends with her, or at least good acquaintances, but best friends? I kind of doubt it. While I am/was a bookish person, in high school the "smart kids" (i.e. the ones that were top of the class) were not especially kind to me or to people that they thought were less intelligent than they were. That experience might affect my potential friendship with Hermione.

There are two people that I actually think I could get along with because: 1) they're kind of weird and offbeat (like me!), and 2) they show the kind of personality that seems the gentlest towards others through the books we see them in.

Luna Lovegood


Luna seems like an outskirts kind of character to me. She can be friends with anyone, but I bet she's got only a few really, truly close companions. I think we'd hit it off, especially since we'd both be in the same house, like a lot of the same things, and find the extraordinary fascinating, even when others don't believe in its existence.

Neville Longbottom


He seems like the dorky, quiet, geeky kind of guy that I knew and hung around with in high school. He's slightly less "weird" than Luna, I think, but he's very close to her male counterpart. I don't get a judge-y feel from him at all and I think he'd be easy enough to get to know. He's more approachable, easier to talk to, which is really important because I can get easily intimated in talking to people I don't really know yet.

I bet between the three of us we could have our own little Silver Trio. :D








All pictures, quotes, and videos belong to their respective owners. I use them here solely for the purpose of review and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment